Indonesia is an amazing country with more than 17,000 islands and stunning beaches. Out of these, only 8,000 are inhabited. Yet still, Indonesia has more than 2.6 million residents that speak more than 300 languages. Indonesia is an ultimate cultural melting point that offers a myriad of adventures. Are you planning a trip to Indonesia? Check out our articles to get some helpful Indonesia travel hacks and travel like a local. There you’ll get everything you. need to know before visiting.
Basic Information About Indonesia
Indonesia is home to 264 million people. There are over 300 ethnic group but around 40% of the total population consists of ethnic Javanese.
The official language is Indonesian.
Indonesian’s official currency is the Indonesian rupiah (currency code IDR). One Euro/USD is equal to roughly 17.704-16.385 IDR.
With a territory of 1,904,569 square kilometers, Indonesia is the 8th largest country in Asia. It is the largest archipelagic country in the world, it has roughly 17,504 islands scattered over both sides of the equator, around 6,000 of which are inhabited. Indonesia shares its borders with Papua New Guinea on the island of New Guinea, Malaysia on Borneo, and East Timor on the island of Timor, and maritime borders with Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Palau, and Australia.
Indonesia has a tropical climate with two different seasons Dry (April to October) and Wet (November to March).
Economy & Budget
Indonesia is a developing country with a mixed economy, the average monthly income is between $400-500 . Indonesia is a relatively budget-friendly country for traveling. Backpackers can survive with around $20-30 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $40 and $60 per day on average.
Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia with a total population of 9.6 million.
Books to read before traveling to Indonesia
More Indonesia Travel Hacks
- Floating Breakfast In Bali- A Complete Guide + 23 Unique Experiences
- Living In Bali- 40+ Important Things You Should Know Before Moving
- Hidden Canyon Bali- The Ultimate Guide To Exploring The Holy Canyon of Beji Guwang
- 83 Exciting Things You Can Add To Your Bali Bucket List
- 18 important things to know before visiting Bali
- The best hidden beaches in Bali to get away from the tourist crowds
- What To Pack For Bali- Packing List Of 50+ Important Items
- 23 Hidden Gems In Bali off The Beaten Track To Get Away From The Tourist Crowds
- Grandmas Hotel Bali Review- Everything You Need To Know
- Choosing A Backpacking Route In Southeast Asia – 5 Awesome Options + Lot Of Helpful Tips
- 13 Common tourist scams in Asia & how to avoid them