I spent one year in India, mostly living in Delhi, but I also traveled around a lot. And traveling is the world’s greatest teacher. I spent a year in a completely different environment from anything I ever saw before. I went through thick and thin and I grew a lot as a person and India turned out to be a great teacher. Are you planning a trip to India soon? Well, you’re in the right place! I spent a year living in India, going through thick and thin. That means you’ll find a lot of helpful India travel hacks & tricks here.
Basic Information About India
India is home to 1.3 billion people, making it the world’s second-most populated country.
The official languages are Hindi and English but there are 22 state languages and hundreds of different local languages.
India’s official currency is the Indian Rupee (currency code INR). One Euro/USD is equal to roughly 82-75 INR.
With a territory of 3,287,263 square kilometers, India is the 7th largest country in the world. India shares its borders with Pakistan in the west , China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar and Bangladesh in the east and with Sri Lanka in the south.
India has an extraordinary variety of climatic regions and the nation’s climate is strongly influenced by the Himalayas and the Thar Desert, ranging from tropical in the south to temperate and alpine in the Himalayan north, where elevated regions receive sustained winter snowfall.
Economy & Budget
India is a developing country with a mixed economy. Backpackers can survive with around $15-20 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $40 and $60 per day on average.
New Delhi is the capital city of India with a total population of 21.7 million .
Books to read before traveling to India
More India Travel Hacks
- 23 Most Dangerous Roads In India For Daring Adventurists
- 15 Best Backwater Resorts In Kerala For A Luxurious Getaway
- 24 Vibrant Festivals Of Northeast India You Should Consider Attending
- 18 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In Winter
- 34 Most Isolated Places In India You Should Add To Your Bucket List
- The Ultimate Guide To Solo Travel In India- 20+ Important Things You Need To Know
- Experiencing Culture Shock in India And How To Deal With It
- What is Jugaad? Meaning, Examples, Frugal Innovation, and Much More!
- Kerala off the beaten track: 16 hidden gems in Kerala you probably did not know about
- 32 Important ghats in Varanasi that you absolutely have to visit
- Things and interesting facts about Mumbai you should know before visiting
- 10 Things you should know before visiting India for the first time
- 15 Most Unusual Religious Festivals of India you won’t see anywhere else
- Taj Mahal Ticket Hacks: How to Avoid the Queue at the Taj Mahal
- 24 Unique Alternative Modes Of Transportation Around The World
- Hidden gems in India- 9 off-the-beaten-track places in India you probably didn’t know existed
- Goa Travel Blog: Why Goa isn’t the backpacker’s paradise it used to be anymore?
- Dangerous travel stories: How sleeping in saved my life
- What is life like in India: Here are 9 important life lessons I learned as an expat living in india
- 28 Amazing Places To Visit In Kashmir- Snowy Mountains, Majestic Valleys And More
- 50 Interesting Facts About Kashmir That Will Blow Your Mind
- 15 Hidden Places In Srinagar Off The Beaten Track You Have To Visit
- 27 Awesome Hidden Gems In Delhi Off The Beaten Track