Vietnam isn’t like the other countries in Southeast Asia. It’s not so touristy, there aren’t many fancy beaches and most people don’t speak English. Nevertheless, Vietnam is an amazing country with a lot of hidden gems that will blow your mind. Are you planning a Vietnam trip in the near future Check out our articles to learn some important Vietnam travel hacks and things you should know before visiting.
Basic Information About Vietnam
Vietnam is home to 95 million people. Around 85.7% of the total population consists of ethnic Vietnamese.
The official language is Vietnamese.
Vietnam ‘s official currency is the Vietnam dong (currency code VND). One Euro/USD is equal to roughly 25,534-23,632 VND.
With a territory of 331,212 square kilometers, Vietnam is the 19th largest country in Asia. Vietnam is located on the eastern margin of the Indochinese peninsula, it borders Cambodia in the southwest, Cambodia in the southwest,and has a long border with Laos, also shares maritime borders with Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand.
Vietnam’s climate varies in each region and has a strong influenced by the South China Sea. In the north, the climate is monsoonal with four distinct seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter) while the south has a tropical monsoon climate with two seasons (rainy and dry).
Economy & Budget
Vietnam is a socialist-oriented market economy. Backpackers can survive with around $25-30 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $50 and $70 per day on average.
Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam with a total population of 8 million.
Books to read before traveling to Vietnam
More Vietnam Travel Hacks
- 23 Best Cities To Visit In Vietnam And Make The Most Out Of Your Trip
- How Many Days In Hoi An? Hoi An Itinerary For 1-7 Days
- 15 Beach Resorts In Vietnam For An Unforgettable Holiday
- Ultimate Guide To Shopping In Vietnam- Everything You Need To Know
- Battle of The Bays- Ha Long Bay Vs Lan Ha Bay
- Best places to visit in Northern Vietnam
- Traveling Vietnam with a motorbike: Everything you need to know about it
- 20 Hidden Gems In Vietnam Off The Beaten Track You Didn’t Know Existed
- 21 Most Visited Cities In Asia You’ll Want To Visit
- Things to know before visiting Vietnam- Things I wish I knew before traveling to Vietnam
- 34 Fun things to do in Hoi An: The most charming city in Southeast Asia
- Choosing A Backpacking Route In Southeast Asia – 5 Awesome Options + Lot Of Helpful Tips
- 13 Common tourist scams in Asia & how to avoid them
- 15 Awesome Hidden Gems In Hanoi Off The Beaten Track Worth Exploring