32 million people visited Thailand in 2017! The land of smiles is filled with heavenly, sandy beaches, beautiful nature, and exotic oriental cuisine. Are you planning to travel to Thailand anytime soon? Check out our Thailand articles to get some important Thailand travel hacks before visiting this tropical paradise.
Basic Information About Thailand
Thailand is home to 69 million people. Around 86% of the total population consists of ethnic Thais. The main minority ethnic groups are Central Thai ,Thai Lao, Khon Muang, Southern Thai and other.
The official language is Thai.
Thailand’s official currency is the Thai bhat (currency code THB). One Euro/USD is equal to roughly 35-33 THB.
With a territory of 513,120 square kilometers, Thailand 14th is the largest country in Asia and 50th in the world. Thailand has a diverse ecosystems, including the hilly forested areas of the northern frontier, and the fertile rice fields of the central plains. Thailand shares its border with Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia.
Thailand has a tropical climate with three different seasons hot, cool, and dry& wet. The hot season from (March to mid-May), the rainy season due to the southwest monsoon, from (May to October) and dry and relatively cool season from (November to February).
Economy & Budget
Thailand is an emerging economy and is considered a newly industrialized country. Backpackers can survive with around $30 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $50 and $80 per day on average.
Bangkok is the capital city of Thailand with total population of 8.2 million
Books to read before traveling to Thailand
More Thailand Travel Hacks
- 3 Weeks In Thailand- The Ultimate Itinerary Planner
- 17 Exciting Chiang Mai night markets + a handful of shopping tips
- Bangkok vs Chiang Mai: 17 Helpful Comparisons That Will Help you Choose Which One To Visit
- 17 Things not to do in Thailand to avoid trouble when visiting
- The ultimate guide to island hopping in Thailand- everything you need to know
- How to travel in Thailand on a budget and avoid the typical tourist traps
- 7 most dangerous places in Southeast Asia
- 12 Things I wish I knew before visiting Thailand
- Exciting cities in Asia that everyone should visit at least once
- Bangkok travel blog: The right place to make wrong decisions
- Southeast Asia On A Budget: How I Was Traveling Around With $15 Per Day
- 20 Hidden Gems In Thailand Off The Beaten Track You didn’t know existed
- The Perfect Day Trip To Ayutthaya From Bangkok- Everything You Need To Know
- 13 common traveler scams in Southeast Asia and how to avoid them
- 9 ways to recognize ladyboys in Thailand