With its majestic fjords, remote mountains, and picturesque glaciers, Norway is certainly one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Norway is one of only six country whose teritory reaches the Arctic circles, and it’s no surprise that there are some amazingly beautiful natural phenomena that you can see only here and nowhere else. Even though this is a reason enough to visit, Norway has a lot more to offer and we’ll try to prove this through our helpful Norway travel hacks.
Basic Information About Norway
Norway is home to 5 million people. Around 86.2% of the total population consists of ethnic Norwegian. The main minority ethnic groups are Sami, Travelers, Jewish, Forest Finn and others.
The official language is Norwegian.
Norway’s official currency is the Norwegian krone (currency code Norwegian krone (NOK). One Euro/USD is equal to roughly 11-10 NOK.
With a territory of 385,207 square kilometres, Norway is the 6th largest country in Europe. Norway comprises the western and northernmost part of Scandinavia in Northern Europe. It shares its borders with Sweden, Finland and Russia.
The southern and western parts of Norway, has a marine climate while the northern and the large part of Central Norway has a Subarctic climate.
Economy & Budget
Norway is a highly developed country with a mixed economy. The average monthly income is NOK 33,400 per month (3000 Euros), making Norway an expensive country for traveling. Backpackers can survive with around $70 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $100 and $120 per day on average.
Oslo is the capital city of Norway with total population of 673,469.
Books to read before traveling to Norway
More Norway Travel Hacks
- 21 Fabulous Beach Resorts In Norway For A Peaceful Getaway
- Spending An Amazing Honeymoon In Norway- 10 Crucial Things To Know
- Some of the Most Interesting Things To See and Do in Norway
- 45 Important Historical Sites from the 45 countries of Europe
- What makes Norway one of the best solo travel destinations in the world?
- The most scenic train journeys in Europe that will inspire you to travel by train
- A complete list of the best winter destinations in Europe