France has a lot more to offer than just the Eiffel Tower, the Riviera, and Mont-Saint-Michel. Many attractions in France are overshadowed by the cities making the ‘Top 10 list’ in 99% of the tourist guides. Are you planning to visit France soon? Check out our articles about France to get some helpful France travel hacks and suggestions (from a local) before you visit.
Basic Information About France
France is home to 66 million people. Around to the stats 93% of the total population consists of ethnic French but around 40% of newborns in France have at least one Foreign/born grand-parents.
The official language of France is French.
France’s official currency is the Euro & CFP Franc (used in French overseas territories). One Euro is equal to roughly 119-120 CFP.
With a territory of 640,679 square kilometers, France is 3rd largest country in Europe. The largest part of France territory and population is located in Mainland France also known as Metropolitan France. France shares it borders with Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg to the north, Switzerland and Italy to the east and Spain to the south.
France’s climate is oceanic, continental, and Mediterranean with four different seasons. The winters (December- March) regularly have temperatures between 7-0°C while the summers are mildly hot with the average temperature ranging between 15 and 23°C.
Economy & Budget
France is a developed country with a mixed economy. The average monthly income is 2,300 EUR, making traveling in France relatively expensive. Backpackers can survive with around $70 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $100 and $120 per day on average.
Paris is the capital city of France, as well as the country’s largest city with total population of 2.2 million.
Books to read before traveling to France
More France Travel Hacks
- Breakfast In Paris- 30+ Helpful Tips On What To Try & Where To Eat
- 24 Beautiful Walled Cities In France To Visit On Your Trip
- 27 Most Famous Cafes In Paris You Should Seriously Consider Visiting
- 18 Non-Touristy Things To Do In Paris For A Different Experience
- Traveling Solo In Paris- Ultimate Guide To Taking A Solo Trip To Paris
- The Ultimate Guide To Discovering Street Art In Paris
- Is Paris Overrated? A Neutral and Unbiased Analysis
- Getting Around France in Canal Boats- Everything You Need to Know
- Top 30 Best Food Destinations in Europe
- 45 Important Historical Sites from the 45 countries of Europe
- 18 Hidden gems in Paris you won’t find in most tourist guides
- 13 Hidden Gems In France Off The Beaten Track Places You Didn’t Know Existed
- Paris in a day itinerary- cover everything worth seeing in Paris in 24 hours
- Visiting France on a budget: tips and tricks
- Why should you consider backpacking Europe in the winter?