Despite being only a small portion of what it once was, the United Kingdom sill has a lot offer. From jaw-dropping countryside and staggering beaches to bustling cities and iconic monuments… People in the United Kingdom obviously speak English and that makes everything easier. However, there are a lot of things you should know before visiting. Make sure to check out our articles to get some helpful United Kingdom travel hacks, tricks, and suggestions (from the locals) before you visit.
Basic Information About the UK
The United Kingdom is home to 67.8 million people.
The official language is English.
UK’s official currency is the Pound sterling (currency code GBP). One Euro/USD is equal to roughly 0.88-0.82 GBP.
With a territory of 242,495 square kilometres, United Kingdom is the 11th largest country in Europe.
Most of the United Kingdom has a temperate climate, with generally cool temperatures and plentiful rainfall all year round with four different seasons. The winters (December-March) regularly have temperatures below 0 while the summers are relatively mild with the average temperature ranging between 15 and 25 °C.
Economy & Budget
The economy of the United Kingdom is highly developed and market-orientated.. The average monthly income is GBP 2,202 per month (2500 Euros), making United Kingdom an expensive country to travel. Backpackers can survive with around $70 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $120 and $150 per day on average.
London is the capital city of the United Kingdom with the total population of 8.9 million people.
Books to read before traveling to the UK
More United Kingdom Travel Hacks
- 19 Haunted Castles In England That Will Give You The Creeps
- Top 30 Best Food Destinations in Europe
- 45 Important Historical Sites from the 45 countries of Europe
- How to visit London on a budget?
- 21 Best summer holiday destinations in the UK
- Edinburgh For Young People- 7 Places To Blend In With Local Youth In Edinburgh
- Camping On The Ridgeway- 15 Important Things To Know
- 21 Weird Borders Across The World Where Things Get A Bit Strange
- 11 Great Reasons To Try Backpacking Europe In Winter + 5 Awesome Itinerarie