We’ve all heard about the most famous tourist attractions in the US featured in famous movies or travel magazines. But just like every other country, the US has a lot of hidden gems that many people aren’t even aware they exist. Are you planning to visit the United States soon? Check out our articles to get some helpful US travel tips and suggestions from the locals.
Basic Information About the USA
USA is home to 328 million people.
Fun Fact:- None at federal level but the national language is English.
USA’s official currency is the United states dollar (currency code USD).
With a territory of 3,796,742 square kilometers, USA is the 4th largest country the world with federal republic of 50 states. USA borders both the North Atlantic and North Pacific Oceans and also land bordered by Canada and Mexico.
Due to its large size USA has a wide variety of climate but the most common are the coastal Mediterranean climates, desert climates and mountainous alpine climates. Usually on the mainland, the climate of the U.S. becomes warmer, and drier the further west.
Economy & Budget
The economy of the United States is highly developed and mixed. Backpackers can survive with around $60 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $120 and $150 per day on average.
Washington, D.C is the capital city of the United States of America with a total population of 633,427.
Books to read before traveling to the USA
More USA Travel Tips
- 18 Hidden Beaches In Oregon For The Ultimate Peaceful Getaway
- Storybook Houses in Los Angeles- Fascinating Examples Of Storybook Architecture
- The Ultimate Guide To Visiting The Underground Tunnels Of Los Angeles
- 23 Best fall destinations in the US you have to visit
- Hidden gems in Miami- 19 amazing places in Miami off the beaten track
- 14 Incredible museums in Williamsburg VA you just have to visit
- Cheap Shopping in NYC- Helpful Tips, Tricks, and Places Where you can shop in NYC on a Budget
- The Ultimate Guide to Solo Travel in NYC- Everything You Need To Know
- 20 Awesome Things To Do Alone In NYC- New York For Solo Travelers
- 20 Amazing Cheap Honeymoon Destinations in the US for an Unforgettable Vacation
- 30 Most Remote Places In The US For A Different Experience
- Orlando Off The Beaten Track- 18 Hidden Gems in Orlando You Didn’t Know About
- Visiting Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park- a Piece of Sacramento’s History
- 15 Best Hiking Trails in San Francisco
- Exploring Sunny Jim Cave in San Diego- Everything You Need To Know
- Sacramento Historic City Cemetery- A Forgotten, Historic Part of Sacramento
- Jack Kerouac Alley- A Unique, Underrated Part of San Francisco
- Only in San Diego: 17 Unique Things To Do in San Diego You Won’t Find Anywhere Else
- 21 Unique Things to do in Sacramento for a Different Experience
- 21 Unique Things to do Only in San Francisco and Nowhere Else
- 19 Hidden gems in San Diego that you won’t find in most tourist guides
- 21 Hidden Beaches in California For a Peaceful Getaway
- Sacramento Off The Beaten Track- 18 Hidden Gems In Sacramento You Didn’t Know About
- 27 Hidden gems in San Francisco you didn’t know about
- Hidden gems and unusual things to do in Orange County that you won’t find in most tourist guides
- 37 Fun Things To Do in Boise Idaho (A Local’s Guide)
- Only in New York- 19 Things You Can Only do In New York City and Nowhere Else
- 24 Amazing Small towns in Texas You Just Have To Visit
- 41 Weird Things to do in Portland for a Different Experience
- 15 Things to Do in Vegas for Solo Travelers
- 3 Perfect Days in Napa Valley- A Weekend Road Trip Guide
- Pacific Coast Road Trip Itinerary – Everything you Need to Know
- 19 Unique things to do in Los Angeles
- 34 Things I wish I knew before visiting the United States of America
- Cool Things to do in Williamsburg VA, one of the oldest cities in the US
- New Jersey off the beaten track- 20 hidden gems in New Jersey you didn’t know about
- New York off the beaten track- 20 Hidden gems and untouristy places in New York City
- Atlanta off-the-beaten-track: 15 hidden gems and unusual things to do in Atlanta
- Hidden gems and unusual things to do in Los Angeles that you won’t find in most tourist guides
- Other unusual things to do in Niagara Falls besides seeing the famous falls
- Things to do in Saratoga Springs; the hidden jewel of New York
- Planning to get off the beaten track in California? Here are some hidden gems to get away from the tourist crowds
- Review of The Arizona Grand & Scott Resort & Spa- two of the best luxury accommodation options in Phoenix
- 6 Biggest mistakes people make when visiting the Grand Canyon
- Minnesota Off The Beaten Track- 15 Hidden Wonders In Minnesota’s Outdoors
- 12 Unusual things to do in Orlando for a different experience
- Planning a trip to the Keys? Don’t forget about these national parks near Key West
- 15 off-the-beaten-track places in the USA you didn’t know existed
- Strangest international borders in the world: Americas Edition
- How to visit Hawaii on a budget- The ultimate guide