Vietnam isn’t like the other countries in Southeast Asia. It’s not so touristy, there aren’t many fancy beaches and most people don’t speak English. Nevertheless, Vietnam is an amazing country with a lot of hidden gems that will blow your mind. Are you planning a Vietnam trip in the near future Check out our articles to get some helpful Vietnam travel tips & the best suggestions from the locals.
Basic Information About Vietnam
Vietnam is home to 95 million people. Around 85.7% of the total population consists of ethnic Vietnamese.
The official language is Vietnamese.
Vietnam ‘s official currency is the Vietnam dong (currency code VND). One Euro/USD is equal to roughly 25,534-23,632 VND.
With a territory of 331,212 square kilometers, Vietnam is the 19th largest country in Asia. Vietnam is located on the eastern margin of the Indochinese peninsula, it borders Cambodia in the southwest, Cambodia in the southwest,and has a long border with Laos, also shares maritime borders with Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand.
Vietnam’s climate varies in each region and has a strong influenced by the South China Sea. In the north, the climate is monsoonal with four distinct seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter) while the south has a tropical monsoon climate with two seasons (rainy and dry).
Economy & Budget
Vietnam is a socialist-oriented market economy. Backpackers can survive with around $25-30 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $50 and $70 per day on average.
Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam with a total population of 8 million.
Books to read before traveling to Vietnam
More Vietnam Travel Tips
- Ultimate Guide To Shopping In Vietnam- Everything You Need To Know
- Battle of The Bays- Ha Long Bay Vs Lan Ha Bay
- Best places to visit in Northern Vietnam
- Traveling Vietnam with a motorbike: Everything you need to know about it
- Vietnam off the beaten track: 20 hidden gems in Vietnam you didn’t know existed
- Exciting cities in Asia that everyone should visit at least once
- Things to know before visiting Vietnam- Things I wish I knew before traveling to Vietnam
- 34 Fun things to do in Hoi An: The most charming city in Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia On A Budget: How I Traveled Around With $15 Per Day
- 23 most amazing places to travel to before you die: Part 2
- 13 common traveler scams in Southeast Asia and how to avoid them
- Things to do in Hanoi Vietnam: a story about the city of lakes, bikes and beautiful chaos