Daily life in the land of the fiesta moves slowly and runs late. Spain is a beautiful, interesting, and dynamic country with a lot of regional variety. And locals always welcome visitors with an amazing atmosphere, great food, and amazing wine. Spain is a passionate, dynamic country that’s wallet-friendly, unlike the rest of western Europe. Do you need any more reasons to visit? Make sure to check out our articles to get some helpful travel tips, tricks, and suggestions before you visit.
Basic Information About Spain
Spain is home to 47 million people. Around 89.67% of the total population consists of ethnic Spaniards.
The official language is Spanish.
Spain’s official currency is the Euro.
With a territory of 505,990 square kilometres, Spain is the 4th largest country Europe.Spain borders with 5 different country, Morocco, France, Portugal, Gibraltar and Andorra.
Due to its large size Spain has three different climate The Mediterranean climate, The semi-arid climate and the oceanic climate with four different seasons. The winters (December- March) regularly have temperatures around 15 °C while the summers are relatively hot with the average temperature ranging between 23 and 40 °C.
Economy & Budget
Spain is a developed country with a mixed economy. The average monthly income is 1800 Euros, making Spain a relatively expensive country. Backpackers can survive with around $60 per day, while mid-range travelers spend between $90 and $120 per day on average.
Madrid is the capital city of Spain with a total population of 6.5 million.
Books to read before traveling to Spain
More Spain Travel Tips
- 22 Best Day Trips From Valencia And How To Get There
- Spain Bucket List- 83 Unique Things You Must Experience When Visiting Spain
- 8 Best places to visit in Spain as a first-time traveler.
- 20 Unusual Things To Do In Barcelona That You Won’t Find Anywhere Else
- Hidden Gems in Valencia- 17 Non-Touristy Things To Do in Valencia
- Valencia Holy Grail- A Myth or the Real Thing?
- 28 Most Underrated Cities in Spain Everyone Should Visit
- Racism in Spain- The Challenges of Traveling to Spain as a Black Traveler
- Solo in Spain- The Ultimate Guide to Solo travel in Spain
- Spain East Coast Itinerary- The Complete Travel Guide
- Planning a Southern Spain Road Trip- Planning, routes, helpful resources, and everything you need to know
- Planning a Southern Spain Itinerary in 2 Weeks- Everything You Need to Know
- Northern Spain Road Trip- Planning, routes, helpful resources, and everything you need to know
- Planning A Northern Spain Itinerary- Everything You Need To Know
- Top 30 Best Food Destinations in Europe
- 45 Important Historical Sites from the 45 countries of Europe
- Barcelona off the beaten track- 18 hidden gems you didn’t know existed
- 35 Interesting facts about Spain you probably didn’t know about
- Visiting Sotogrande- one of the best luxury resorts in Southern Spain
- The best things to do in Nerja, the balcony of Europe
- 13 Unique things to discover while visiting the Canary Islands
- Spain off the beaten track: 14 hidden gems in Spain you didn’t know existed
- Hidden gems in Europe- 10 underrated towns in Europe that look like they came out of a fairy tale
- The strangest borders in the world: Europe edition
- 12 things you can only experience in Spain
- Why should you consider backpacking Europe in the winter?