Ready for every travel hack that you need this year? From finding the best online travel insurance to finding the perfect local travel guide, we have the vital hack info you need to become the master of travel this vacation!
From gauging you with high prices at the food court to all those hidden fees, the airport is a prime place to lose time and money. But no more, check out these incredible hacks to save you money.
1. Bring your own water bottles. It sounds simple but you can avoid overpriced bottles and get sick from local water by bringing your own. Just be sure to check for any travel restrictions regarding water bottles. You may have to bring an empty bottle and refill at the airport after security.
2. Runoff jet lag when you land. Feel fresh as a daisy with a quick run after you land. This can help you feel refreshed and ready to handle anything!
3. Be the Robin Hood of Wi-Fi Locate the First Class Lounge and plug into their high-speed Wi-Fi.
Believe it or not, you can save considerable money with these computer and electronics hacks.
1. Clean your cookies and use “Private Browsing” when booking flights. Believe it or not, airlines can watch your buying habits. This might lead to a change in prices just based on your previous site visits. Clean out the cookies and use the Incognito Window option.
2. Plug In. If you forgot your charger, you might be able to charge devices and electronics through a TV or computer using a USB cord or a car charger.
3. Buy a Portable Phone Charger. Don’t forget this necessary device next time you travel.
4. Use Travel Buddies and Backpackr to find new friends locally. Party with a Local is an app to help you find the best places to party.
5. Skyscanner gives you great quotes about traveling impromptu. Book cheap flights fast.
6. Use a Cup as a Speaker. Yes, believe it or not you can create your own speaker using a smartphone and a cup! Try it right now. You will be amazed!
7. Install WhatsApp and Viber. Stay connected with everyone on your travels.
Save time and hassle with these packing hacks.
1. Roll Your Clothes. By rolling your clothes you will find significantly more room when you pack.
2. Pack Army Style. The military is all about efficiency. Pack your bags with their unique packing method. Not sure what it looks like? Look up a video of US Army t-shirt packing for ideas.
3. Pack Smart. Most of us have a tendency to pack too much or too little. Instead, be smart when you pack. For example, find multi-layered options that fit where you will travel. Mix and match clothing. Pack pants that can be dressed up or down. Find multi-functional clothing like a blazer, plain shirts, or a little black dress that can be used for a number of situations.
4. Mark Bags as “Fragile”. Reduce mishandling of your suitcases and bags by marking them “fragile”. You might also get your bags first at the airport.
5. If you are backpacking it, only take what you absolutely need. You might have to work backward. In other words, instead of saying “I might need these shoes” you have to ask “Can I do without these shoes?”
6. Add a tumble dry sheet to your bag to keep your clothes smelling fresh as you travel.
7. Use a large plastic bag inside your luggage. This will keep your stuff waterproof and protected.
8. If you are traveling overseas or out in nature, bring a LifeStraw. The LifeStraw makes any water safe to drink. Buy one for each member in your party.
Finally, before you leave any country, donate your last bit of change to the homeless. Enjoy each moment of your travels with these incredible hacks!